On February 26th, 2008 The Song Remains The Same makes its high definition debut when Warner Home Video (WHV) releases the completely re-mastered and re-mixed version of Led Zeppelin’s famed concert film The Song Remains The Same on Blu-ray Disc with all 16 song performances for the first time together on DVD and more than 40 minutes of extra material. Includes never-before-released performance footage of “Over The Hills And Far Away” and “Celebration Day”; plus performances of “Misty Mountain Hop” and “The Ocean.” Special features also include a rare 1976 BBC interview with Robert Plant and Peter Grant; vintage TV footage from the infamous hotel robbery during the New York concert stand; and the original theatrical trailer.
Filmed during the band’s legendary three-night stand at Madison Square Garden in July 1973 and released theatrically in 1976, The Song Remains The Same features Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and the late John Bonham in a mesmerizing movie with classic music performances that include the hits “Dazed and Confused,” “Stairway to Heaven,” “Whole Lotta Love” and more. The film has been newly re-mixed and re-mastered in 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound, personally supervised by the band.
Release Date: February 26, 2008
Release Date: 09/07/2018
• Live from Madison Square Garden – July 1973
• 15 tracks; remastered audio
• 2 CDs
• 4 LPs on 180-gram vinyl
• 3 DVDs:
- DVD of entire album in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound & PCM stereo, plus photo gallery
- 2 DVDs of the original film “The Song Remains The Same”, plus a disc of extras
• HD download card of entire album in 96 kHz/24-bit audio
• Numbered art print of album cover
• 28-page book
• 20-page Replica of 1977 Japanese Cinema Programme